What is the English Learners Advisory Committee?
English Learners Advisory Committee (ELAC) is a committee for parents or other community members who want to advocate for English Learners.
ELAC is not a decision making body, but it is the voice of the English learner community–monitoring, promoting and supporting our students. The committee advises and assists the school principal, staff, PTO and SSC as follows:
- The school’s program for English learners.
- The development of the Single School Plan for Student Achievement.(BSC/SPSA)
- The school’s needs assessment.
- The school’s annual language census (R-30 LC Report).
- Efforts to make parents aware of the importance of regular school attendance.
This page was last updated on December 14, 2021