Parent Teacher Association
The Alvarado PTA works hand-in-hand with the school’s administration to organize events and programs and to raise the funds necessary to realize these activities. PTA funds are used to offer art, music and science classes that reinforce and augment the core curriculum. We also pay for literacy, math and emotional support.
Become a voting member of the PTA today! Membership must be renewed every year and costs $10 per person. Click here for more details. Questions about the Alvardo PTA? Contact the presidents at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alvarado parents can see and join this year’s committees and event planning teams through ParentSquare. Alternatively, contact our volunteer coordinators at email@example.com or leave a note in the PTA president mailbox if you are interested in volunteering.
We invite you to become a member of the Alvarado PTA, the body that represents the parent and teacher communities and determines how all our parent-raised money is spent. Membership in the PTA serves three very important purposes:
- By joining the PTA, you help support the efforts of both the California and national PTA organizations, both of which do vital work advocating for our children at the state and national levels, respectively.
- Your PTA membership gives you voting privileges at all Alvarado PTA General Assembly meetings, the meetings during which we discuss and approve (or reject!) proposals for how to allocate funds raised by the PTA to diverse, and sometimes competing, academic and enrichment programs.
- Finally, and perhaps most importantly, the bulk of your membership dues is used to directly fund programs at Alvarado.
PTA membership costs $10.00 per person. Most of this money (60%) is used to finance programs at Alvarado, and the remainder is sent to the California and national PTA organizations. Members must RE-ENROLL EACH YEAR, but if the fee is a challenge, it can be waived by contacting the membership chairperson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How To Join
There are two ways to join the PTA:
1. You may download the form below, fill it out and put it in the PTA
Membership mailbox in the mailroom located to the right of the Main
Paper forms are also located under the PTA bulletin board across from
the Main Office.
2. You can pay online using Totem, Pay Now.
This page was last updated on February 22, 2021