AccessSFUSD: The Arc, located in the heart of the SOMA district, has a rich tradition of delivering functional and engaging curriculum to our diverse student population. We involve our students in community based opportunities which promote the joy of learning while addressing students' individual needs. Learn more below!
Our community partners are the cornerstone of our program, click on the "Community Partners" subpage above to learn more!
A list of helpful adult service agencies to support a smooth post-secondary transition.
Got questions! We've got answers! Click on the FAQ link above to see answers to some of our most commonly asked questions.
Meet the Staff
Get to know the team at AccessSFUSD! Click the "Meet the Staff" link above to read about the incredible team of educators serving our students.
More about this school
School TypeCounty School (13)
- Kara Schinella
HoursHoursMo - Fr: 8:40 am-2:20 pm
NeighborhoodSouth of Market
TransportationWe are conveniently located near VanNess Station and bus lines 14, 14R, 9, 12, and 49. Eligible students receive district transportation services. We promote independence by teaching travel training to support students using public transportation between school and to additional community sites.
School MealsBreakfast, Lunch
View menus at sfusd.edu/menus.
Who We Are
AccessSFUSD: The Arc, located in the heart of the SOMA district, has a rich tradition of delivering functional and engaging curriculum to our diverse student population. We involve our students in community based opportunities which promote the joy of learning while addressing students' individual needs.
AccessSFUSD: The Arc’s vision is to provide equity-based, quality services and supports for SFUSD’s transition-aged students with IEPs that result in positive in-school and post-school outcomes. We strive to create a student-centered learning environment that provides: We strive to involve our students in meaningful school experiences, which include:
- A student-centered philosophy which reflects our students' individual strengths and needs
- A committed school community involved in ongoing professional development and school-wide decision making
- A nurturing community that holistically serves all aspects of student growth
- Meaningful classroom and community experiences that promote independence, advocacy, and resilience
What We Offer
- Strong emphasis on the arts & artistic expression
- Student centered programming
- Paid internships
- Volunteer opportunities
- Community based instruction
- Cultural opportunities and community events
- Self-help and advocacy
- Functional academics (literacy and math)
- Cooking, nutrition, and wellness
- Student led IEPs
- Travel training
- Social skills
- Job skills
- Transition support alongside community partners such as: Golden Gate Regional Center, Department of Rehabilitation, and various adult support agencies
Special Education Programs
ACCESS - Adult Transition Services
School Day Academic Enrichment
Work experience education
AccessSFUSD: The Arc has an arts rich curriculum featuring opportunities for students to participate in various art forms including: digital media, visual arts, dance, music, and performing arts. Offering vary each semester.
Student Support Programs