YMCA Urban Services Afterschool Program (3:45-6:30pm)
YMCA Urban Services Wolfpack Afterschool Program
The Academy Afterschool Program (Wolfpack) is a partnership between The Academy SF @McAteer and YMCA Urban Services.
The Wolfpack After School Program at the Academy SF @ McAteer will maintain its commitment to delivering a structured weekly schedule aimed at empowering students to enhance their academic, artistic, culinary, and intrapersonal skills. Furthermore, we are pleased to offer dedicated academic assistance through tutoring, specifically tailored to students’ needs in subjects including Math, English, and Science.
The program will continue to present diverse opportunities for students across all grade levels, inviting them to engage in enriching activities such as cooking, arts, and physical activities such as strength conditioning. Our core emphasis remains on helping students unlock their potential by fostering social and emotional awareness.
- Program Hours:
- Monday - Friday: 3:45 - 6:30 pm
- Wednesday: 1:30 - 6:30 pm
- Program Location:
- Wolfden - Room 128
- Free Supper Meals (everyday after school):
- The supper meal program is a federally funded program that offers a balanced meal after school in the Wolfden in RM. 128. Any youth under the age of 18 can receive a meal at no cost on a first-come, first-serve basis regardless of household income or enrollment in afterschool programs.
- There are vegan options as well
- Mentoring/ Academic Tutoring Support:
- Tutoring available Monday - Thursday (3:45 - 5:00 pm)
- One on one check in’s
- Student-athletes are recommended to attend tutoring before activity or practice
- Are activities that gives opportunities for youth to express themselves by allowing the students to use their creativity and find an outlet of expression
- Cooking, Arts, etc.
- FoodWise Teens
- Is a 10 week program where students improve their cooking skills, learn more about the food industry and earn money. Program meets once a week on Wednesdays (2:00 - 4:30 pm) in McAteer Garden. Students can earn up to $550 upon program completion.
- Environmental Prevention
- Focuses on changing policies, settings, and community conditions surrounding alcohol and drug usage among teens.
- Program Meeting dates and times: TBD. Students can earn stipends upon program completion.
- Roots of Resistance
- Focuses on helping students to get familiar with workforce development by writing resumes, cover letters, and doing mock interviews. Students can earn stipends upon completion of the program.
- Program meeting dates and times: TBD
- To provide a place where youth could get active through exercise and fitness activities
- Dates are posted outside of the Wolf Den
After School Program Application Form:
*Please send application forms to Hazel via email or paper copy to the Academy main office.
This page was last updated on August 28, 2023