Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee
Welcome! The mission of the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee is to foster an educational environment where diverse viewpoints and backgrounds are welcomed and respected. We want Harvey Milk staff, students, and their families to feel comfortable and empowered to discuss diversity and inclusion.
We strive to inspire and maintain a growth mindset as we work toward a world free of racism, classism, sexism, heterosexism, ableism, ageism, Islamophobia, and transphobia.
Contact us at email@example.com
- Book club - Do the Work! An Antiracist Activity Book* by W. Kamau Bell & Kate Schatz
*For all the people overwhelmed by racial injustice and white supremacy in America, who've taken some action and know they can do more, but don't always know what to do or how to do it, or are afraid of getting it wrong or not knowing enough and are left wondering what do I doooo...
Read the assigned chapters (and do the work) ahead of time and come to the meetings prepared for facilitated discussion. Some collaborative work will also be built into the meeting time.
All meetings are virtual, via Google Meet
Tuesdays from 6:30-7:45pm:
January 31, 2023 Chapter 1
February 7, 2023 Chapter 2
February 14, 2023 Chapter 3
February 28, 2023 Chapter 4
March 14, 2023 Chapter 5
- This is an actual workbook, so a library copy is not recommended
- Purchase a copy from Fabulosa Books or bookshop.org
- The DEIC has a limited number of copies to share (see RSVP form)
Please RSVP here to participate
- 12/3/22 Inclusive Schools Week Kick-Off with The Rainbow Club
- 10/22/22 Social Justice Walk - Candlestick Point Recreation Area
- 10/3/22 PEACE Out Loud Workshop - Intro to Anti-Racist Parenting
- 9/22/22 Screening - What the Constitution Means to Me
- 3/15/22-4/19/22 Bookclub - The Black Friend: On Being A Better White Person by Frederick Joseph
This page was last updated on February 14, 2023