Fall 2020 Volunteer Needs
Co-VP of Communications (Shadow Christine Ko)
- Manage Communications Team to support SFUSD Drupal website, ParentSquare, and Gator Weekly, and check in with Ms. Shellie regarding events, flyers, and other announcements.
Hospitality Co-Chair (Shadow Valerie Kazanjian)
- manage Hospitality Team (through ParentSquare Group) to support Coffee and Conversation, Thanksgiving Breakfast for Teachers and Staff, and Teacher Appreciation Week. Note that this will look very different during COVID times!
After-school Enrichment Class Co-Coordinators (Shadow Judelle Mallari): 2 Volunteers Needed
- Prepare registration website
- Update school webmaster with enrichment class offerings which include Friendship Chorus with Kat Sena, Ceramics/Mixed Media Arts with Deborah Hoch, dance classes with Nagata Dance, and Spanish 1 with Fernanda Cooperstein.
- Work closely with instructors to determine dates/times of classes and with Foundation regarding fees.
Fall Event Chair
PTA Arts Reflection
- provide information and encourage students to participate in PTA Arts Reflection contest, see https://www.pta.org/home/programs/reflections
Help with Programs
Communications - Gator Weekly Editor
- Work with co-editor to produce Gator Weekly to be posted in ParentSquare; complete issue by Tuesday evening to send to Chinese translator
- Input announcements from Mrs. Fong, staff, event and program chairs submitted through Google forms, provide links to attachments, and photos when available.
Communications - ParentSquare Administrator
- Add incoming students/parents over the summer
- Make changes to teachers/staff as needed, add/drop students and parents, roster students into classes
- Create and update posts and document/website links as needed
- Assign user permissions
- Provide technical support (for PS) as needed
- Transition students to the next grade by the end of July
Communications - Document Control
- Manage Google Drive and Dropbox folders for the PTA, contact officers and event and program chairs to provide documents into email@example.com owned and shared folders
- Remind and encourage officers and volunteers to use shared folders, provide technical support for users
Communications - Language Translation
- manage Chinese translation contractor on Upwork (including invoicing)
- Contract additional language translators (on Upwork or from Alamo community) as needed (Spanish, Vietnamese, Russian, Arabic)
- Contact teachers, officers, and event and program chairs at the beginning of the year to let them know that the PTA can provide translation for Back to School documents
- Updates to Alamo Parent Handbook and forms, event flyers and other documents
Communications - Spreadsheet Manager
- Obtain updated class rosters and names in Excel/csv from Ms. Shellie and input into Google spreadsheets
- Provide tracking spreadsheets and class lists (pdfs) for Halloween Carnival, Spellathon and Spring Raffle sales
- Manage and edit spreadsheets as needed
This page was last updated on September 4, 2020