2021-22 Executive Board
President: Darlene Bagley
Executive Vice President: Open
Secretary: Hallie Albert
Treasurer: Chris Smith
VP Membership: Erin Feher
VP Communications: Eliot Kent-Uritam
Parliamentarian, Liz McMillan
Historian: Hallie Albert
AGC Co-Chair, Burcu Hasdemir
AGC Co-Chair: Lisa McNey
LAFAYETTE PTA FAQs
Why should I join the LAFAYETTE PTA?
Getting involved is more important than ever:
● Meet other parents and deepen relationships with our teachers and school administrators by attending the PTA meetings.
● Raise money to support community events that strengthen our community and enrich the elementary school experience for our students.
● Connect with our school community and increase your knowledge of annual activities and events.
When does the Lafayette PTA meet?
The Lafayette PTA meets on the 2nd Wednesday of every month beginning September. Meetings happen from 7:00pm to 8:00pm. We will meet via Zoom until it is safe to return to in-person meetings. Mark your calendars! Zoom links and agendas will be shared via our PTA distribution list.
2021-2022 PTA Meeting Schedule:
September 8, October 13, November 10, December 8, January 12, March 9, and April 13, and May 11
How do I join the Lafayette PTA?
The easiest way to join is by clicking on the link below. The annual membership is $10 per person. Each school year requires membership to be renewed. Each membership is effective July 1st (or date of registration) through June 20th. Anyone is welcome to join - parents, students, aunts, uncles, grandparents, neighbors, etc. The more advocates we have for our students the better! Click here to join
How do I get involved in the PTA?
We need more parents to get involved! You don't have to be on campus or even need to be available 24/7. There's something for everyone and you can volunteer as much or as little as you want. If you're a solutions person then you're exactly who we're looking for. Please reach out to email@example.com if you're ready to get involved.
Will the PTA hold fundraising events this year?
The executive board is exploring ways to hold outdoor events that are in compliance with SFUSD and SFDPH guidelines. In order to bring these events to life, we will need additional parent volunteers to take on leadership roles. We hope you'll consider stepping up to the challenge!
Are there other ways we can support the PTA?
Yes! With our many community partnerships, you can raise money for the PTA by shopping or dining at your favorite places! Please look out for a list of all partners that support us throughout the year as well as on a promotional basis.
What does the PTA do with the money it raises?
The mission of the PTA is to positively impact the lives of all children and families. Fundraising pays for PTA Community Events such as Autumn Carnival, Halloween, Book Fair, Donut Dash, MultiCultural Night, and School Play. The PTA also supports the classrooms with Online Learning, Class Assemblies, Field Trips, Teacher Stipends, and partial salary of a STEM teacher.
How do I donate to the PTA?
All donations are 100% tax deductible. The Lafayette Elementary PTA is a 503(c) non-profit organization. Lafayette’s EIN/tax ID is: 94-6172049. The easiest way to donate is online via our website here.
How do I donate to the PTA by Corporate Matching?
All donations are 100% tax deductible. The Lafayette Elementary PTA is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Lafayette’s EIN/tax ID is: 94-6172049. The easiest way to donate is online via our website here.
Can I donate to Lafayette by shopping at my favorite stores?
● AmazonSmile - Turn your Amazon purchases into a force for good. At NO extra cost to you, with every eligible purchase you make, AmazonSmile donates 0.5% to PTA if you select Lafayette PTA as your charity. INVITE your family, friends, and co-workers to join in order to increase our fundraising potential.
● Sport Basement - Be a Basementeer - Sign up for a lifetime membership as a Basementeer with a ONE time fee of $25. Receive a 10% discount off every in-store or online purchase AND 10% will go to Lafayette PTA at the end of the year at NO extra cost to you. Select “Lafayette Elementary – San Francisco” as the charity to support.
This page was last updated on September 18, 2021