2020-21 Executive Board
President: Valerie Vitullo
Executive Vice President: Darlene Bagley
Secretary: Ange Samuels
Treasurer: Michael Sachdev
VP Membership: Erin Feher
Parliamentarian, Chris Smith
Historian: Hallie Albert
AGC Lead Chair, Lisa McNey
LAFAYETTE PTA FAQs
If school is virtual, will there still be a PTA?
Yes! While we cannot be onsite, the role of the PTA is more important than ever as we support the tremendous effort of Lafayette’s amazing teachers, administration, and staff as they bring learning into our homes for our students.
Why should I join the LAFAYETTE PTA?
As a PTA member, you join a community that encourages student achievement and enriches the learning environment. You are involved in your child's education and will be part of the solution, helping to support our students, teachers, and community as we figure out the “new normal” of remote learning. The PTA plays an important role through advocacy and fundraising for school programs and community events. Be a voice for our students and part of the school community for positive change. Being a PTA member does not mean you have to participate in meetings however, we do highly encourage it as only members have the ability to vote at PTA meetings to approve items like the budget, programs and events.
Getting involved is more important than ever:
● Meet other parents and work with our principal and assistant principal, Jake Hodgson and Craig Berger and staff by attending the PTA meetings.
● Raise money to support the new ways of learning and socially interacting online, and enrich the in-person experience when schools reopen.
● Learn about how the school works, as well as important issues, activities and programs with which to get involved.
● Lend perspective. Parents can share a perspective that helps each other see a more fully rounded picture of our students and their lives at home.
● Be part of the school and your child’s education- if not you, then who?
● Make your voice count by having the ability to vote Best of all, virtual PTA meetings mean you don’t have to drive or take transit to the school at night to participate. Simply jump on the Zoom call and make your voice part of the discussion.
When does the Lafayette PTA meet?
The Lafayette PTA meets on the 2nd Wednesday of every month beginning September. Meetings happen from 7:00pm to 8:00pm. We will meet via Zoom until it is safe to return to in-person meetings. Mark your calendars! 2020:
September 16, October 14, November 18 2021: January 13, March 3, and April 14, and May 12
How do I join the Lafayette PTA?
The easiest way to join is by clicking on the link below. The annual membership is $10 per person. Each school year requires membership to be renewed. Membership is from July 1, 2020 and runs through June 2021. Anyone is welcome to join - parents, students, aunts, uncles, grandparents, neighbors, etc. The more advocates we have for our students the better! Click here to join
How do I get involved in the PTA?
We love when parents and students get involved! You can volunteer as much or as little as you want. You can help with specific projects or be involved regularly. Your life perspective, professional and personal talents are welcome enrichments to strengthen our students’ experience and school community.
Will the PTA hold fundraising events this year?
In the past, we have held events like a raffle and spring auction. This year is a little more challenging, but we are exploring ways to hold a virtual fun run and other events. Come join us and share your creative ideas: email@example.com.
Are there other ways we can support the PTA?
Yes! With our many Community Partnerships, you can raise money for the PTA by shopping or dining at your favorite places! Please look out for a list of all Partners that support us throughout the year as well as on a promotional basis.
What does the PTA do with the money it raises?
The mission of the PTA is to positively impact the lives of all children and families. Fundraising pays for PTA Community Events such as Autumn Carnival, Halloween, Book Fair, Donut Dash, MultiCultural Night, and School Play. The PTA also supports the classrooms with Online Learning, Class Assemblies, Field Trips, Teacher Stipends, and partial salary of a STEM teacher. This year, many of our community events are on hold or will be held virtually. Therefore, our fundraising will focus on Online Learning, Teacher Stipends and STEM Teacher Salary.
How do I donate to the PTA?
All donations are 100% tax deductible. The Lafayette Elementary PTA is a 503(c) non-profit organization. Lafayette’s EIN/tax ID is: 94-6172049. The easiest way to donate is online via our website here.
How do I donate to the PTA by Corporate Matching?
CHECK with your employer for workplace matching gift programs in order to double your PTA contributions.Your donation is tax deductible. The Lafayette Elementary PTA is a 503(c) non-profit organization. Lafayette’s EIN/tax ID is: 94-6172049.
Can I donate to Lafayette by shopping at my favorite stores?
● AmazonSmile - Turn your Amazon purchases into a force for good. At NO extra cost to you, with every eligible purchase you make, AmazonSmile donates 0.5% to PTA if you select Lafayette PTA as your charity. INVITE your family, friends, and co-workers to join in order to increase our fundraising potential.
● Sport Basement - Be a Basementeer - Sign up for a lifetime membership as a Basementeer with a ONE time fee of $25. Receive a 10% discount off every in-store or online purchase AND 10% will go to Lafayette PTA at the end of the year at NO extra cost to you. Select “Lafayette Elementary – San Francisco” as the charity to support.