How Do We Prevent Infection?
- Get vaccinated if eligible. Anyone 5 and over is eligible.
- Wash your hands.
- Wear a mask.
- Maximize fresh air.
- Stay home if sick
- As of September 7th all SFUSD staff will need to be vaccinated unless they qualify for an exception. Non-vaccinated staff will be tested every week.
- If there is a positive case on campus all identified close contacts will be notified via phone by the office before any general notification goes out whole school.
- SFUSD is implementing a Standard Quarantine: 10-day quarantine with option to shorten to 7 days (return to school on the 8th day) if negative test obtained after Day 5.
- SFUSD Testing Locations and Dates (for SFUSD students only)
- SF Testing Options (for non-SFUSD people)
Daily Health Screening for Students
Questions to ask your student at home:
- Has your child tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 10 days?
- Has your child been in close contact with anyone with COVID-19 within the past 14 days?
- Is your child feeling ill or had any of the following symptoms within the past 10 days?
✔ If NO to all questions: your child may go to school.
✘ If YES to any question: your child must stay home.
(As of 8/12/21, the symptoms are the same for adults and children)
- Fever of at least 100.4ºF/38ºC or higher
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath/difficulty breathing
- Nausea, vomiting or diarrhea
- Loss of sense of taste or smell
- Chills or repeated shaking/shivering
- Muscle aches
- Feeling unusually weak or fatigued
- Runny or congested nose
Close Contact Protocol
- A close contact is someone who was within 6 feet of an infected person for a total of 15 minutes or more over 24 hours while the infected person was contagious.
- People are not considered close contacts simply because they were in the same group or cohort.
- If the program cannot determine this or does not know, the person should not be considered a close contact.
- People are not considered close contacts simply because they were in the same classroom.
If you are notified that your child is a Close Contact:
- Office will call parent/guardian.
- Quarantine for 10 days (Excused Absence).
- Recommend getting a Covid test 5 days after exposure.
- If test is negative, child may return to school on Day 8 of quarantine.
- Share test results with the Office.
- No Distance Learning/virtual learning option.
- Teachers will send home assignments/independent study work.
Who Needs to Quarantine?
- Not all close contacts are required to quarantine.
- All of the following must be met for a person to require quarantine:
- The exposed person is unvaccinated.
- Exposure occurred indoors or if outdoors, then it occurred during an unmasked stationary activity (eating, singing, etc.) or a high-contact activity.
- The exposed person was within 6 ft of the positive case for 15 cumulative minutes or more in a 24-hour period.
- Exposure occurred during the infectious period (two days before a positive test or onset of symptoms).