Math & Science
SFUSD Mathematics Core Curriculum
The SFUSD Core Curriculum Units for Mathematics have been used district-wide throughout San Francisco since 2014-2015. These units, developed by over 100 district teachers are aligned to the new Common Core State Standards. Teachers, students, and families may access our Core Mathematics Curriculum, including unit plans and student pages here
The standards for mathematical practice are as follows:
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others
- Model with mathematics
- Use appropriate tools strategically
- Attend to precision
- Look for and make use of structure
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning
More information on the scope and sequence of these units
Next Generation Science Standards
In September of 2013, the California State Board of Education adopted the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS). More information on next generation science standards.
Ways to Support Your child's Science Education
Check with your child's teacher about volunteering for hands-on science in the classroom.
Support your child's class by purchasing supplies needed for hands-on activities.
Chaperone field trips to science museums and parks.
Online STEM ideas and activities.
Read more about science education in SFUSD