Our Health and Nutrition Initiative
Last year, we kicked off an initiative to build a healthier community. Core to this effort is teaching our community about the importance of nutrition and encouraging all to embrace a healthy and active lifestyle.
Fostering an active lifestyle
- All students receive 100 minutes of physical education each week.
- Many teachers do yoga in the classroom.
- A variety of fitness equipment is available to students at recess.
- A recess Walking Club -- took over 1 million steps last school year!
- Health curriculum for each grade level.
- Continuing development of the Garden Program, emphasizing "garden to table" concepts.
- PTA meeting devoted to health/nutrition guidance.
- Informative displays about food and nutrition in the school's main foyer.
Commitment to healthy community celebrations
- Creative ideas to honor birthdays in the classroom
- Family potlucks with food from our diverse community
- Community events that focus on activity - Walk-a-thon
This page was last updated on February 3, 2020