ABOUT GALILEO PTSA
Galileo’s Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA) is a unit of the Second District of the California State PTA. We are a non-profit tax exempt organization. Our mission is to positively impact the lives of all children and families by representing our members and empowering and supporting them with skills in advocacy, leadership, and communication.
GALILEO PTSA HISTORY
Established by a group of teachers, staff and parents to represent the Galileo community in 2003, we became a California PTA charter member in June 2004. Our parents, teachers and students volunteer their time to build a stronger community and support an academically motivated learning environment.
Our fundraising efforts have supported more than $80,000 of academic enrichment grants and stipends for teachers. Annual traditions include Teacher Staff Appreciation Luncheon, Freshman Orientation BBQ, Annual Fund Drive and Senior Breakfast.
2019-20 GALILEO PTSA OFFICERS
- President: JESSICA JORDAN THOMPSON
- Vice President: LUCY TSE
- Secretary: "OPEN"
- Treasurer: EMILY CHEN
- Membership Co-Chairs: ANGIE TOY & SHARON NG
- Advocacy Chair: OPEN
- Education Enrichment Grants Chair: TERRI BOGAARDS
- Family Engagement Chair: TROY WILSON
- PTSA Advisor: CYNTHIA LEE
- Teacher Liaisons: LEEYEE SU (Mandarin), MICHELLE YEE (Math), SARA STILES (English), SHANNON WONG (Science)
- Student Liaisons: FIONA THAO (Student), XIN WEN (Student), KELLY MA (Student), ALIYA HANKINS (Student)
- Family Liaison: MELODY WONG
GALILEO PTSA PRESIDENTS
2019-2020 Jessica Jordan Thompson
2018-2019 Cynthia Lee
2017-2018 Emily Chen
2016-2017 Sharon Ohlson
2014-2016 Jim Fong
2013-2014 Nicole Torres
2012-2013 Caroline Scott
2010-2012 Gayline Tom
2003-2005 Anna Marie Booth
2008-2010 Stella Leung
2005-2008 Linda Lau