2020-2021 Distance Learning
The Galileo Wellness Team misses you!
We miss having you drop in to say hi, checking in during passing period while you grab a cup of water and snacks, hearing about your classes, clubs you're in, how you're doing and the accomplishments you're having as you navigate high school!
We are currently experiencing a global pandemic which has changed the lives of everyone we know dramatically and has caused tremendous loss and stress in our communities.
While we all do our part in slowing the rate of COVID and doing our best in distance learning, we know that it is not easy and that you may be feeling overwhelmed, stressed and hurt, or maybe you're feeling motivated and empowered to create and participate in change.
The Wellness Center is open and is here to support you as we continue this journey together!
WHAT IS THE WELLNESS CENTER?
The Galileo Wellness Program offers free & confidential (private) support to all Galileo students.
- Fighting with friends or family?
- Feeling sad and don’t know why?
- Have questions about sex or drugs?
- Need to get tested for STIs, pregnancy or get Plan B?
THE WELLNESS CENTER IS CONFIDENTIAL
Everything in Wellness is confidential which means that whatever you share with a Wellness person is kept private and won’t be shared with teachers, parents or anyone else. There are 4 exceptions to this rule that you should know about:
- If you tell us someone is hurting you physically, emotionally, sexually, etc.
- If you tell us that you plan on hurting someone, getting into a fight, etc.
- If you tell us that you are going to hurt yourself.
- If you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol while you are at school.
If we do have to share your information in order to keep you safe, we will do our best to let you know first.