Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee
Welcome! The mission of the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee is to foster an educational environment where diverse viewpoints and backgrounds are welcomed and respected. We want Harvey Milk staff, students, and their families to feel comfortable and empowered to discuss diversity and inclusion.
We strive to inspire and maintain a growth mindset as we work toward a world free of racism, classism, sexism, heterosexism, ableism, ageism, Islamophobia, and transphobia.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Two Short Films - Episode 1 of Learn with Love from The Trevor Project and W. Kamau Bell’s 1000% Me: Growing Up Mixed* by W. Kamau Bell & Kate Schatz
Doors open at 5:45pm; films start at 6:00pm. Children are welcome. Bring food to share with the group if you would like! Questions? Email us at email@example.com.
Note: Learn with Love includes references to self-harm and suicide.
- 1/31/23-3/14/23 Bookclub - Do the Work! An Antiracist Activity Book by W. Kamau Bell & Kate Schatz
- 12/3/22 Inclusive Schools Week Kick-Off with The Rainbow Club
- 10/22/22 Social Justice Walk - Candlestick Point Recreation Area
- 10/3/22 PEACE Out Loud Workshop - Intro to Anti-Racist Parenting
- 9/22/22 Screening - What the Constitution Means to Me
- 3/15/22-4/19/22 Bookclub - The Black Friend: On Being A Better White Person by Frederick Joseph
This page was last updated on October 4, 2023