Committee Mission and Member Composition
The citizens of San Franciso have approved two parcel taxes designed to support the San Francisco Unified School District: the Quality Teacher & Education Act, Prop A, June 2008 (QTEA) and the Living Wage for Educators Act, Prop G, June 2018 (LWEA).
QTEA stated that "an independent oversight committee shall be appointed by the Board of Education to ensure that the proceeds from this proposition are expended for the purposes described in the proposition."Simliarly, LWEA stated that "the oversight committee created pursuant to Proposition A on the June 2008 San Francisco ballot shall, starting with the Act's first operative year, submit a report on at least an annual basis to the Mayor, Board of Supervisors and Board of Education evaluating whether the proceeds form the Act are being properly expended for the purposes set forth in the Act."
This committee has 9 positions (2 appointed by the Superintendent, 1 appointed by each of our 7 Board of Education Commissioners).
Meeting Agendas and Minutes - 2019-20 School Year
|September 17, 2019 Agenda||September 17, 2019 Minutes|
|November 21, 2019 Agenda||November 21, 2019 Minutes|
|January 7, 2020 Agenda||January 7, 2020 Minutes|
Note that additional meetings and the scheduled 2020 BoE report were postponed due to Covid-19 closures.
Reports and Audits
Annual Committee Reports or Presentations to Board of Education
- 2014-15 Board Report
- 2015-16 Board Report
- 2016-17 Board Presentation
- 2017-18 Board Presentation
- 2018-19 Board Presentation
- 2019-20 Board Presentation (postponed)
Annual Audit of Parcel Tax Usage
- 2012-13 QTEA Financial Report and Agreed Upon Procedures Report
- 2013-14 QTEA Fiancial Report and Agreed Upon Procedures Report
- 2014-15 QTEA Finanical Report and Agreed Upon Procedures Report
- 2015-16 QTEA Financial Report and Agreed Upon Procedures Report
- 2016-17 QTEA Financial Repport and Agreed Upon Procedures Report
- 2017-18 QTEA Financial Report and Agreed Upon Procedures Report
- 2018-19 QTEA Financial Report and Compliance Report
Please direct all inquires to staff liaison Chris Armentrout at ArmentroutC@sfusd.edu