Every day we provide each and every student the quality instruction and equitable support required to thrive in the 21st century.
Vision of Student Success
Every student who attends SFUSD schools will discover their spark, along with a strong sense of self and purpose. Each and every student will graduate from high school ready for college and career and equipped with the skills, capacities and dispositions outlined in SFUSD’s Graduate Profile.
Our Universal Goals
- Access and equity: Make social justice a reality by ensuring every student has access to high-quality teaching and learning.
- Student achievement: Create learning environments in all SFUSD schools that foster highly engaged and joyful learners and that support every student reaching his or her potential.
- Accountability: Keep district promises to students and families and enlist everyone in the community to join in doing so.
- The achievement gap is the greatest civil rights issue facing SFUSD.
- It is possible to increase academic achievement of high performing students and accelerate achievement of those currently less academically successful.
- Quality schools offer engaging and challenging programs, caring and committed staff, strong and visible leaders, and instruction differentiated to meet each child’s needs.
- Authentic partnerships are essential to achieving our vision for student success.
- Equity is the work of eliminating oppression, ending biases and ensuring equally high outcomes for all participants through the creation of multicultural, multilingual, multiethnic, and multiracial practices and conditions; as well as removing the predictability of success or failure that currently correlates with any social or cultural factor.
The Graduate Profile serves as the anchor for our vision and identifies the knowledge, skills, dispositions and behaviors required by our 21st century world.