Description of Program
- English Learners who are native Spanish speakers
- Bilingual students who speak Spanish and English
- English proficient students
- In Kindergarten, 80% instruction in Spanish, 20% instruction in English. Instruction in Spanish decreases to 50% by 5th grade, with 50% of instruction in English.
- Based on DLI research, district will assign an appropriate balance of students who are proficient in Spanish (2/3 to 1/2) and students who have not demonstrated proficiency in Spanish (1/3 to 1/2). To demonstrate proficiency, students who indicate a language other than English on the home language survey are assessed in Spanish.
Filter / Search for schools with language programs using SFUSD's School Search
- Bret Harte
- Buena Vista Horace Mann
- Daniel Webster
- Dolores Huerta
- Leonard R. Flynn
- Paul Revere
This page was last updated on September 14, 2022