The APG Wellness Center is a safe space for our APG community.
- We provide wellness checks for anyone feeling under the weather, provide first aid to those who are injured.
- We are here to listen if you just need someone to talk with.
- During lunch we offer board games and a comfortable place to eat and hang out.
Come by and say hi! :)
APG Safety Net
When something's up, we all speak up! If you see or hear anything that affects the safety of students, families, and staff at APG, please let someone know!
- Text: (415) 634-5221 - or -
- Speak to a trusted adult
Our community's safety is everyone's responsibility.
Wellness Center Agreements
Be safe, respectful, and responsible with your words and actions.
Please get permission from your teacher before visiting the Wellness Center:
- Pass or note from your teacher.
- Phone call from your teacher.
- Email or text from your teacher.
- Escorted by an adult.
- Emilie Kim, LCSW, PPSC: Monday - Friday; ext 221
- Judy Zheng, RN, PHN: Monday - Friday; ext 3052
- Liana Huang, School Social Work Intern: Wednesday & Friday; ext 3051
- Thomas Mui, School Social Work Intern: Thursday; ext 3051
A.P. Giannini Wellness Center, Room 221
Office: (415) 242- 2548
Text: (415) 634- 5221
Ms. Emilie Kim, School Social Worker,
Greetings from our APG Wellness Center! Whether you need a health check (not feeling well) or a heart check (having a tough day and need to talk with someone), we are here to help! Our programs also support a positive school climate. From the mentoring program, to monthly staff and student wellness events, school-wide activities, and counseling - we work with the student support team to help students, staff, and families.
Ms. Judy Zheng, School District Nurse
Students and staff can call me “Nurse Judy.” A little bit about me… I am a native of San Francisco (born and raised); I am a proud product of SFUSD schools (Daniel Webster ES, Marina MS, Lowell HS). My background is in biology (I have a degree from UC Davis). In my spare time, I love to explore scenic sites especially in the Bay Area. I also enjoy trying new places to eat (you can find me on Yelp looking at all the pictures of food). I am here to serve the health needs of the students and staff. I will be more so dealing with case management and programmatic type of things. Please feel free to come by the Wellness Center or say hello to me in the hallways!
Teen Clinic at the Family Health Center
Do you have Medi-Cal, SF Health Plan,* or no insurance? Come to the Family Health Center
- When? Every Tuesday afternoon, 1-4 PM
- Where? The SFGH Family Health Center on 995 Potrero Ave., between 21st and 22nd in the Mission
- What for? Check-ups, sports physicals, birth control, asthma, headaches, acne, drug problems, prenatal care, nutrition counseling, HIV testing, or any health need!
- How? Call (415) 206-5680 and ask to make an appointment for Teen Clinic. Leave a message with a confidential phone number if no one answers and we will call you back soon.
*If you have San Francisco Health Plan insurance, please call the insurance company at 1-800-288-5555 to change your provider (doctor) to the Family Health Center before you come to your appointment.
- Pupil Services
- School Health Programs
- Family and Community
- ExCEL ASP
- Post-secondary Success
SF Mental Health Resources
San Francisco Suicide Prevention
- Call if you feel depressed, stressed, or if you’re facing a problem and just need to talk.
- Or call if you need advice on how to help a friend who might be depressed or suicidal.
- Crisis Line (available 24/7) (415) 781-0500
- Crisis Text Line 24/7 Confidential Support, Text MYLIFE to 741741
- 24 Hour Teen Hotline and emergency shelter 415-621-2929 1292 Page St, San Francisco, CA 94117
- 24 Hour Teen Hotline and emergency shelter
- 1292 Page St, San Francisco, CA 94117
- Center for LGBTQQ Youth
- (415) 703-6150
- 127 Collingwood Street, SF, CA 94114
- HOURS Monday – Friday from 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Health services for queer & questioning youth
- 3850 17th St. San Francisco, CA 94114
- 415-934-7757 (information)
- 415-934-7700 (appointments)
- Open Thursdays from 5 pm – 8 pm and Saturday 12 pm – 3 pm
- 3801 3rd St., Ste. 400, 94124
- 415-970-3800 (24-hour hotline)
- For children, where there is a danger to self or others.
Child Protective Services Reporting Hotline
- Suspected child abuse or neglect