Student Government Meetings
Do you want to make a difference in the school? Join the A. P. Giannini Student Government! We brainstorm ideas to make the school better! We meet everyday (except Wednesdays) 3:00 - 4:00pm! You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Three Branches of Student Government
Student Advisory Board
- Leaders of all clubs on campus
- Meets once a month
- Forms, approves, and funds all on-campus clubs and student organizations
- 16 students total (8 chosen by reps, 8 chosen by popular vote)
- Once a week
- Makes and approves school policies; vetoes Student Council; removes and approves members of SC
- 12 students total: (3 Presidents, 3 Representatives, 3 Senators, 3 Advisors)
- Once a week
- Runs school events, fundraise, meet with teachers and administrators, run elections, organize service points and community involvement, lead student body
- Presidents and VP’s: Run Student Council, make decisions about class trips, lunchtime activities, assemblies, policies, student-led changes to school policies (think service points, dress code, etc.), and work with admin/teachers on behalf of students.
- Senators: Veto or approve Student Council decisions, communicate between Student Council and students at school, make decisions about how Student Government works, helps carry out student activities and plans.
- Each student votes for: 1 President / Vice President (your grade) and 8 Senators (any grade)
This page was last updated on June 3, 2021