The Willie Brown Middle School Parent-Teacher-Student Association welcomes you! Parents, guardians, teachers, educators, and community members can join the PTSA to strengthen and support WBMS.
PTSA meetings are 5:30-7 p.m. on the 3rd Tuesday of the month.
Meetings are held in the Maker's Garage classroom at WBMS. Child care is provided by BEACON.
More PTSA Information
- Childcare will be provided by BEACON during the meetings.
- Membership dues are $10 for adults and $5 for students.
- Dues can be paid with cash or check.
- Sponsorships are available to cover member dues.
- All parents, teachers, and students are welcome to join the PTSA.
- Send any suggestions, requests, and concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each California Public School from Kindergarten through grade 12, with 21 or more English learners must form a functional English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC). The ELAC is a committee for parents or other community members who want to advocate for English Learners.
The purpose of the ELAC (or subcommittee, if appropriate) is to advise the principal and school staff on programs and services for English learners and the SSC on the development of the Single School Plan for Student Achievement. The ELAC also assists the school on other tasks listed below
The committee advises and assists the school principal, staff and School Site Council (SSC) as follows:
- The school’s program for English learners.
- The development of the Single School Plan for Student Achievement.(BSC/SPSA)
- The school’s needs assessment.
- The school’s annual language census (R-30 LC Report).
- Efforts to make parents aware of the importance of regular school attendance.
The percentage of parents of English learners on the committee must be at least the same as that of English learners at the school.
Requirements for ELAC elections include:
- Parents/guardians of English learners elect parent members of the school committee.
- The parents/guardians are provided the opportunity to vote for committee members.
- Each school committee shall have the opportunity to elect at least one member to the District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC).
The district shall provide for all ELAC members:
- Appropriate training and materials to assist each member to carry out his or her legally required advisory responsibilities.
- Training planned in full consultation with ELAC members. ElA-LEP and/or district funds may be used to cover the costs of training and attendance of ELAC members (e.g., costs associated with childcare, translation services, meals, and other reasonable expenses).