Tardy to School: School begins at 9:30 am. Students who arrive at school after 9:30 three or more times are considered chronically truant.
Reporting an Absence: When your child is absent from school, it is very important for the parent/guardian to call the school to report the absence. Please call the Main Office when your child is not able to attend school for any reason.
- Full name of student – printed First and Last Name (No Nicknames)
- Grade and Homeroom of student
- Reason for absence and dates of absence(s)
- Parent/Guardian’s signature in INK and telephone number
- Notes can be written in English, Spanish, Chinese, or other languages comfortable to parent/guardian. Hand in the notes to the Main Office/Attendance Clerk Ms. Loh.
- All notes are kept on file for three years as these are legal documents.
Permit to Leave: During school hours, students are not allowed to leave the campus without written permission from the parent/guardian. The student must go to the Main Office for a Permit to Leave Pass.
Excused Absences: Per Education Code Sections 46010/48205, and SFUSD Board Policy 5113: The following reasons are valid excuses for meeting the compulsory education age requirement:
- Illness or injury (after 5 days of absence the school requires a doctor’s note)
- Medical appointments
- Immunization exclusions
- Court appearance
- Observances of a religious holiday or ceremony Detainment at Juvenile Hall, the Children’s Shelter or other shelter care, or other custodial facilities
- Appointments with attorneys, law enforcement officers, probation officers, or immigrant officials
- When the student’s absence (due to personal or family emergency) has been requested in writing by the parent/guardian and approved by the principal
- Family vacation
- Missed the bus
- Home/hospital teaching
- Sick Parent
- Personal business/reasons
Attendance is important to your child’s education and we want all students to be in their class on time.
Cell Phone Policy
Off and Away - Cell Phones must be off and away during instructional time and assemblies.
- Students may check in with their family during lunch.
- Students may not take pictures, film or video of students or school staff without the prior written consent of the student or staff person.
- The school is not responsible for lost, missing, damaged or stolen phones.
Consequences for cell phone violations.
- Students who have a cell phone out during class, assemblies (etc) will receive one warning
- The second time they should then power down their device and give it to the teacher for the remainder of the period.
- Students who refuse to give the phone to the teacher will be required to give the phone to the security officer or administrator. The phone will be locked in the main office and returned at the end of the school day.
- Students who have their phone removed by security or administrator twice in a semester will be referred to the Head Counselor and put on a “Cell Phone Contract”. Parents will be contacted by Head Counselor.
Parents and legal guardians should complete a Student Emergency and Medical Information Card every year. During an emergency, students will be released only to persons designated on this card. Parents and guardians are responsible for keeping information on the Student Emergency Information Card updated at all times.
This page was last updated on August 22, 2022