December 16, 2020
Dear SFUSD Families:
Winter Break is just around the corner, and public health officials have sounded the alarm about the rising number of COVID-19 cases and we are being asked to only gather with those we live with, both inside and outside. Remember: The smaller the gathering, the lower your risk of infection. The City of San Francisco has shared guidance with ideas for how to celebrate the holidays safely by doing activities at home with people you already live with. Let’s all continue to do our part to help slow the spread.
We will not send a Weekly Digest over Winter Break. The digest will return on Wednesday, January 6. Please have a restful and safe winter break.
Technology-Enriched Activities and Resources Your Children Can Explore Over Break
- We’ve collected some fun, engaging, technology-enriched activities and resources that you can explore with your children—or give your children to explore. You’ll find them on the Technology Resources for Families page.
- Use Seesaw to support creativity during winter break!
- Seesaw is a great place to be creative with drawings, videos, photos and more!
- Students in all grades can use Seesaw at home over Winter Break, even if you haven’t used it in your class yet.
- Find more info on getting started with Seesaw.
NEW ParentVUE Account Activation Online Request
Have you ever applied or enrolled to SFUSD? If you still do not have a ParentVUE account or an activation key, you may now request an account activation by entering your information in ParentVUE.
- Learn more on how to activate: sfusd.edu/activate.
- If this is your first time applying for SFUSD, please create a new account instead.
- Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com.
SF Loves Learning
SF Loves Learning, SFUSD’s one hour TV show for PK-2nd grade students, reached over 113,000 viewers this Fall on TV and thousands more on YouTube! Thank you to everyone who made this Fall Season a terrific success. Here’s a highlights reel in appreciation of everyone who worked so hard on the show.
- Watch episodes of SF Loves Learning during winter break! Re-watch your favorite songs, stories, movement activities and more on our website at sfusd.edu/sfloveslearning.
- Season 3 begins January 5, from 9:30 am to 10:00 am, weekdays!
This season’s content is aimed toward K-2nd grade students and will include culturally affirming science-based daily lessons, music, read alouds, movement, and more.
- How to contribute:
- We invite students with their family to share their work with us using this media release form.
- Enjoy this trailer for Season 3!
Staff Thank You Note Drop-off at Grab & Go Meal Sites
- Student Nutrition Services staff have provided over 4 million meals for children since school buildings closed in March. On Friday, December 18, we are inviting the community to write a note or make some artwork and drop-off for staff at SFUSD’s grab and go meal sites.
- You can also pick up 9 days’ worth of free meals, including whole pomegranates, cauliflower, and more!
- Friday, December 18, 2-3:30 p.m.
- Locations: sfusd.edu/schoolfood
- All Meal Sites Will Be Closed December 21-January 5.
- Download the January Grab-and-Go Schedule.
Check out these #SFUSDSchoolSpotlights to learn about our amazing schools. We made these videos so students and families who are transitioning to a new school next year can virtually visit schools during the pandemic.
Superintendent Dr. Vincent Matthew