Discrimination at Your School
SFUSD seeks to provide a school environment that allows all students equal access and opportunities in the district's academic and other educational support programs, services, and activities. This includes ensuring that all District schools, programs, activities, and practices are free from unlawful discrimination. For more information, please refer to SFUSD's policies on non-discrimination and harassment.
Contact Office of Family Voice (OVF) for immediate issues and concerns.
Office of Family Voice
555 Franklin Street, 1st Floor
San Francisco, CA 94102
OFV can help navigate urgent issues and help to resolve the matter informally. If your complaint falls within one of the above categories and is unable to be resolved with the assistance of OFV, you should submit all Uniform Complaints, using the above form, to:
Office of Equity
555 Franklin Street, 3rd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94102
SFUSD Uniform Complaint Procedures (UCP)
SFUSD has the primary responsibility to ensure compliance with applicable state and federal laws and regulations, and shall investigate complaints alleging failure to comply with those laws and regulations alleging discrimination, harassment, intimidation, and/or bullying and unauthorized charging of pupil fees for educational activities. SFUSD seeks to resolve complaints early and through informal resolution whenever possible and appropriate. To resolve complaints which cannot be resolved through early, informal process, the District shall seek to resolve those complaints through the Uniform Complaint Procedures.
Complaints investigated through UCP
SFUSD utilizes the UCP to investigate and resolve complaints related to the following:
- Unlawful discrimination, harassment, intimidation, or bullying based on actual or perceived disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation.
- Bullying or hazing.
- Complaints alleging failure to comply with state or federal law in adult basic education, consolidated categorical aid programs, migrant education, vocational education, child care and development programs and special education programs.
- LAU violations
For more information or to file a complaint, please see SFUSD's Uniform Complaint Procedure page.
SFUSD's Non-Discrimination/Harrassment Policies
Board Policy 5145.3
- Non-Discrimination/Harassment Policies (English)
- Non-Discrimination/Harassment Policies (Spanish)
- Non-Discrimination/Harassment Policies (Chinese)