To learn more, watch Dr. Matthews' video for staff and read below:
We continue to aggressively and proactively respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. We know this is urgent for the health of our community and we are guided by the latest information available from health officials.
There is a lot of uncertainty right now. Each day we get new information about what will be necessary to contain the spread of COVID-19. In turn we continue to clarify what new developments mean for SFUSD staff, students and families.
We appreciate your leadership and commitment to service during this time. We need everyone to be willing to do whatever needs to be done. You may be asked to come in person to help release and/or distribute resources, including sharing access to technology that may be located at your school or department.
Work remotely unless essential to be onsite (this applies to both school site and central office):
- As of today, SFUSD is moving in the direction of staff working from home to the extent possible while the social distancing directives are in place from public health officials.
- Please work with your supervisor to identify your essential duties at this time. Together with your supervisor, explore which, if any of your duties, need to be done in person and which can be done from home.
- If you must work in person, limit your on-site tasks to those that cannot be done remotely.
What if I don’t have what I need to work from home?
- If you need technology access, i.e. a laptop, in order to work from home, please work with your direct supervisor to borrow a device from your department/school or to put in a request to the Department of Technology (DoT) if your department/school does not have a laptop for you.
- Your supervisor will be expected to put a request into the Department of Technology (DoT). The DoT Help Desk will be working on prioritizing and responding to requests as quickly as possible. Please do not contact the DoT Help Desk directly for device loans.
- Most district systems are web-based, and you can access them from any device with the Internet using your SFUSD ID and password. Make sure you know your password. If you do not know your password, contact the DoT Help Desk directly at email@example.com or 415-241-6476.
- For site administrators, department heads, and clerks, you may need additional remote security to access some systems. DoT is working to ensure you have the necessary system access from home.
What this means now:
- Today, please check with your supervisor regarding their expectations for your work at this time.
- If you are able to get your essential work done from home, please gather what you need and begin working from home as soon as you are able.
- Working from home means working a regular work day, including being available during your regularly scheduled work hours to meet by phone or online.
Questions? We realize you may have questions that have not been answered. Please direct all HR questions to your supervisor or firstname.lastname@example.org.