We have gathered just a few frequently asked questions (FAQs) about what SFUSD is doing to create safer spaces and what to do if you get a Close Contact notification for your child:
What is SFUSD doing to prevent COVID cases?
Universal Masking Indoors
- All Staff and Students are required to wear masks indoors
- Testing is available for staff and students
- Improved ventilation to mitigate the spread of shared spaces
- All staff must be vaccinated or test weekly if unvaccinated
How do I measure the risks associated with sending my child(ren) to in-person school?
Based on data released by the San Francisco Department of Public Health (SFDPH), COVID-19 case rates among children and youth are relatively low. When appropriate precautions are taken, schools provide safe, structured, and supervised environments where children and youth can play, learn, and thrive.
What do I do if my child is identified as a Close Contact?
If your child is unvaccinated:
- Keep your child at home and quarantine
- Get tested on the 5th day to come back on the 8th day
- Ask the school site for independent study work
Vaccinated children do not need to quarantine. Currently, vaccines are approved for 12 and over.
Questions? Contact the Student Family School Resource Link at email@example.com
You can also review this FAQs and other FAQs related to SFUSD's COVID health and safety protocols below: