The Filipinx Student Wellbeing Conference is a youth-led mental wellness conference organized by former and current students of the Buong Loob: Filipinx Student Wellness Internship. We aim to create courageous learning spaces for Filipina/o/x and Filipina/o/x American identified high schoolers to discuss topics related to Filipinx cultural values, identity, and mental health stigma while centering the student experience.
We are inviting educators, administrators, parents, education specialists, and community leaders interested in learning about the current challenges Filipinx identified students are facing as it relates to their mental well-being.
This free event is open to students who:
1) Identify as Filipina/o/x or Filipina/o/x American
2) Are in 9th/10th/11th/12th grade
3) Currently enrolled in San Francisco Unified School District
Cost: FREE (Registration ends April 18th or until we reach capacity)
Here are the different ways Adult Allies can show up for students and support our event:
1) Organize a Youth Contingency from your campus or organization to attend the conference as a group. Group Youth Registration option is now available.
2) Volunteer with us. We seek adult allies who can commit at least 2 hours to help staff the event, and who are comfortable with various tasks (i.e., giving directions to meeting rooms, registration, check-in, clean-up, and safety). Sign up to volunteer here.
4) Help us get the word out to Filipino and Filipina/o/x American high school students, families, and community Allie's to attend the conference. The flyers are attached and sized for Instagram.
5) Make a small financial contribution to sustain our mission to provide FREE mental health education programming to Filipinx youth throughout the SF-Bay Area. Contact us if you'd like to make an in-kind donation for the conference or future events!
For more information, contact Program Coordinator, Verma Zapanta, M. Ed, firstname.lastname@example.org