San Francisco Unified School District (SFUSD) over-identifies Black/African American children as needing Special Education Services under the designations of:
- OHI (Other Health Impairment) and
- ED (Emotional Disturbance).
In addition, Black/African American children:
- have lower attendance rates,
- lower literacy scores, and
- are disciplined more often than their peers.
We cannot let this happen on our watch.
As someone who cares about academic outcomes for Black/African American children, we need you to share your opinion and expertise.
Please join the Educational Partners team.
- Educational Partners agree to serve in an advisory role with members of the district, school sites, and the community.
- Educational Partners agree to meet at least four times per year, as well as at the Success Summit in the Spring.
- Educational Partners provide input on Root Causes of disproportionality and over the course of the school year, provide feedback on the implementation of the CCEIS Measurable Outcomes and activities.
The first meeting is on Dec. 12, 2022.