The SFUSD High School Task Force invites students, families, staff, and community members to the Community Listening Sessions. The agenda for each session includes an SFUSD High School Task Force progress update and opportunities for community input on what it wants in SFUSD high schools.
Everett Middle School
450 Church St, SF, CA 94114
Saturday, Feb. 25, 2023
9:00 a.m-12:00 p.m.
Food, drink, door prizes, interpretation services, and childcare will be provided. For more information, please contact: email@example.com
Kelefors Education Partners
The lead consultant for the High School Task Force is Kelefors Education Partners, a San Francisco-based independent consulting firm. Kelefors Education Partners will facilitate the Task Force meetings, engage the community, and conduct research and analysis.
Kelefors Education Partners is using two community engagement strategies:
- Looking at Student Journeys Meetings: Each high school has a team of students, parents, and staff who are meeting in January and February 2023 and participating in the “Looking at Student Journeys”meetings. Their examination of specific school data will culminate in a report to the High School Task Force. The school teams are examining data collected in fall 2022 from student focus groups, student transcript trends, and family, student, and staff surveys.
- Three Community Listening Sessions which will provide opportunities for discussion across diverse communities about aspirations for the high school portfolio. The schedule and locations of these Community Conversations are in the High School Task Force Community Listening Sessions Flier
About the High School Task Force
The High School Task Force was formed based on the San Francisco Board of Education Resolution No. 225-24Sp1-Amended passed in June 2022, creating the High School Task Force and charging it to:
- Gather input from the community on what it needs and wants from the District’s high schools
- Understand and summarize the current portfolio of the District’s high schools in terms of offerings and student outcomes
- Provide recommendations to the Superintendent on ways to improve policies, practices, and programs for better student outcomes
- Examine admissions policies for both selective admissions and comprehensive high schools