There have been no updates to SFUSD's COVID-19 protocols since Feb. 28, when San Francisco’s COVID-19 public health emergency declaration and Health Officer Order No. C19-07y, “Safer Return Together,” along with additional health orders, ended in alignment with the end of California’s COVID-19 State of Emergency.
SFUSD will continue to follow these protocols:
- The updated SFDPH guidance changes what had previously been requirements for isolation and quarantine for the general public in San Francisco to recommendations.
- Anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 (through a positive test or medical diagnosis), regardless of vaccination status, should isolate using the guidelines listed in the CDPH guidance.
- Anyone who has COVID-19 symptoms or who is a close contact of someone with COVID-19 is strongly recommended to follow the CDPH guidelines, and they should isolate if they test positive.
- We will continue the current practice of recommending, not requiring, masks at all SFUSD school sites and central offices. Students, employees and visitors may choose to wear a mask as they see fit.
- We will continue to share updates and resources with families about how to access vaccines in San Francisco via our website, print, and email.
- We will continue to make SFUSD school sites available should SFDPH have the resources to set up COVID-19 vaccine clinics at SFUSD school sites.
- As the COVID-19 landscape continues to change, we remain committed to communities most impacted by the virus. We will continue to work closely with the San Francisco Department of Public Health to share information about how to access COVID-19 resources, such as testing and vaccinations, with those most in need.