As you begin to have winter holiday and end of semester celebrations, please keep the Wellness Policy top of mind. Celebrations can be fun and nutritious!
- Please use this Winter Holiday Celebration Guide to plan your fun party that is in line with SFUSD’s Wellness Policy guidelines.
- Please schedule all celebrations after lunch time, so students can still enjoy a nutritious lunch before the party!
- Dining staff order meal quantities far in advance, so any meal time celebrations lead to excess food waste. Please help us keep food waste down!
- Ensure any food offered at the celebration meets SFUSD’s Nutrition Guidelines (focus on offering fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy products, lean proteins, or whole grain items).
- You can also opt for festive activities in place of celebrating with treats.
Together, we can create a healthy school environment all year long!
More information and resources at sfusd.edu/bewell.