Crisis Response Team (CRT)
The Crisis Response Team (CRT) assists with restoring a school community to baseline functioning, in order to assist schools to return to normal routines as quickly and calmly as possible following a major disruption of the educational process. This may include deploying SFDPH clinicians and/or Central School Social Workers to provide direct services at school sites and/or supporting linkage to community resources as needed based on the assessed need. For individual student crisis support, please consult your School Social Worker or Wellness Coordinator.
The following events necessitate a coordinated school-wide response:
- Death, Dying, & Loss
- Community Violence
- Natural Disaster (flood, earthquake, fire, etc.)
- Hate Crimes
- Following an Intruder/Lockdown /Lockout
- Suicide Attempt on Campus
Request School-Wide Crisis Support
- First consult with your SSW / Wellness Coordinator if possible
- Determine who from the site will contact the Crisis Response Team (CRT). Referral to CRT should be made by the site administrator or SSW / Wellness Coordinator.
- Contact CRT Leads: Jason Finau, email@example.com, and Michael Geier, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Inform LEAD about the crisis situation and referral to CRT if not done yet.
Crisis Response Resources
Individual Mental Health Crisis
Please consult with your school social worker whenever possible.
This page was last updated on February 23, 2024