MANAGERIAL/SYSTEMS LEADERSHIP: Align systems, structures, and resources that sustain a culturally consonant environment in the service of student learning.
Build, implement, monitor, and improve systems and structures for school operation in service of the school’s equity vision.
- Resources: Seek, acquire, and manage fiscal and other resources to support an instructional program grounded in data about student outcomes to achieve the school’s equity goals.
- Time: Create schedules and systems in support of maximizing time for student learning and adult professional growth.
- Systems: Develop and implement systems for regular school functions that allow principals to prioritize instructional leadership responsibilities.
- Safety: Build and maintain a safe, caring, and healthy school environment that meets the academic, social, emotional, and physical needs of each student and staff member.
- Facilities: Monitor and implement district procedures to maintain the school’s physical plant.
- Compliance: Know, help the school community understand, and implement local, state, and federal laws, rights, policies, and regulations in order to promote student success.
Evidence of Impact
- Detailed daily/weekly schedule of classes, student interventions, teacher team meetings, and PD sessions are public and managed by leadership team members.
- Every moment of available time — in and out of the school day — is focused on increasing student achievement.
- School calendar of professional development, interim assessments, and re-teaching is in place.
- Daily/weekly schedules create adequate time for student interventions and adult development and are flexible enough to adjust to new priorities.
- Finances and other resources are aligned with strategic priorities; Aligned external partners are identified and accessed to supplement available resources.
- School-wide code of conduct aligned with district and school priorities is in place and consistently implemented across all classrooms.
- Core components of social, emotional, and behavioral supports are in place to support student learning.
This page was last updated on August 5, 2019