The 2022-2023 Substitute Applications are now available! Please apply!
Eligibility for Hire
Tk-12 Day to Day Substitute: More information about obtaining the necessary substitute permit can be found here, and more info about the qualifications for the Basic Skills Requirement can be found here.
- BA, OR 90 semester units of Coursework from a regionally-accredited four-year college or university
- Fulfillment of the Basic Skills Requirement through:
- Passing score on the California Basic Skills Test; OR
- Qualifying Coursework (see here for more, and be sure to attach your Transcripts to your application)
- Minimum ACT scores: 23 in Math, 22 in Reading; OR
- Minimum SAT scores: 550 in Math, 500 in Reading
- Negative TB test administered within 60 days of hire
- Be available for assignments at least once a week, particularly on Mondays and Fridays
- Be flexible and willing to work all SFUSD schools, particularly at our Hard to Staff schools
Early Education Para and/or Teacher Substitutes:
EED (Pre-k and Out of School Time) Program:
- High School Diploma (AA or BA degrees in EED are preferred, but not required)
- A CTC Child Development Teacher level permit or higher, Site Supervisor is preferred
EED Paraprofessional Substitutes:
- High school diploma
- Six Units of Early Childhood Education
For more information regarding your application or about the hiring process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This page was last updated on July 5, 2022