Application Period has Ended
Please fill out the Interest Form so we can update you when the application opens.
To be eligible to join Pathway to Teaching, you must:
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution of higher education
- Be authorized to work in the United States
- Meet the basic skills requirement by taking the CBEST or fulfilling it through one of these other options no later than April 30, 2024
- Meet the subject matter competency requirement no later than April 30, 2024
- Multiple Subject and Bilingual Candidates: Complete Multiple Subject CSETs I, II, III
- Education Specialist Candidates: Complete Multiple Subject CSETs I, II, III or a complete the CSETs for a core Single Subject credential
- Bilingual Spanish teachers must also complete the Spanish CSET III, or hold a 3-year or higher degree from an institution in a Spanish-speaking country
- Submit unofficial transcripts from a regionally accredited institution of higher education
- Submit most recent resume - for a template of a resume, click here.
Candidates for the Spanish Bilingual Authorization must already hold a valid teaching credential with English Learner Authorization (Multiple Subject, Single Subject or Education Specialist) or enter the Pathway program as a dual-enrollment participant and complete the work toward Spanish Bilingual Authorization concurrently with that of the Multiple Subject or Education Specialist program.
To begin teaching as an Intern with Pathway to Teaching, you must:
- Complete Pathway enrollment coursework
- Meet the US Constitution Requirement
- Earn a Certificate of Clearance
- This requires fingerprints and an application to the Commission on Teacher Credentialing. Fingerprints may be completed at the SFUSD central office at 555 Franklin Street.
- Submit a TB risk assessment dated between April 1, 2024 and May 15, 2024
- Obtain CPR certification by completing this online course through the American Red Cross
- Successfully complete the seven-week Pathway Pre-Service Preparation program (June-July 2024)
- Secure a full-year teaching position in SFUSD
- Complete all SFUSD Human Resources hiring requirements upon hire, including:
- Fingerprinting at 555 Franklin Street (may be completed at the same time as fingerprints for Certificate of Clearance)
- Onboarding paperwork
This page was last updated on January 11, 2024