Overview of the Program
The Main Idea
The Mission Bay Hub is an Advanced Bridge into Health, Life Sciences, and other STEM-aligned fields, with Mission Bay serving as the ultimate classroom. The first full year cohort is taking place in the 2023-24 school year, based on the campus of UCSF Mission Bay. The program is scheduled to move into the new SFUSD Mission Bay campus in Fall 2025.
- Student Inquiry, Advanced Research, and Real-World Application
- Fellowship within Health or Life Science Areas of Specialization
- Professional Training & Certifications
- Personalized Supports and Coaching from Mission Bay Professionals and Graduate Students
- Academic Course Credits (e.g. Science, ELA) Using Mastery Grading
- Bridge to Postsecondary Study and Employment
More about the Mission Bay Hub
The Mission Bay Hub currently partners with 4 SFUSD High Schools. This includes:
11th and 12th grade students from SFUSD partner high schools participate in the full year Hub program to to support their vision for college, career, and community after graduation.
Once we move into the new Mission Bay campus, we also anticipate:
- Short term projects and experiences for 9th and 10th graders
- Summer and after school opportunities for middle and high school students
- Collaborative projects with our partners at the Mission Bay Elementary School
Students in the 2023-24 cohort earn high school credits in English, Biological Sciences, and AVID (elective). All courses are UC/CSU a-g approved. They will earn college credit for their CCSF courses in CPR and First Aid.
CCSF course requirements are expected to expand in the future and we will continue to evaluate high school course options that best fit with our program.
The 23-24 Mission Bay Hub Cohort will feature both a morning and afternoon cohort, with times coordinated with SFUSD partner high schools. Students attend every day for 1/2 of their day and take the remainder of their course at their partner SFUSD high school.
9:00 - 11:30 am
9:00 - 11:15 am
|1:30 - 4:00 pm
|1:15 - 3:30 pm
This page was last updated on November 21, 2023