Come Get to Know Us
Our 2019 tour season is over. We look forward to seeing you in October of 2020!
K-5 Tours: Grattan's K-5 tours are conducted mostly on Fridays at 8:30am (with the exception of school holidays), beginning in late October 18 and going through mid January. Registration is required through Eventbrite. If you are unable to register online, please call the office at (415) 759-2815.
Pre-K Tours: If you would like a tour of Grattan's Pre-K program, please call (415) 759-2850; you are welcome to attend a K-5 tour as well.
• Tours last about 60 minutes and start right on time, so please arrive early to allow time for parking and sign-in. Due to our kindergarteners' activity schedule, we visit the kindergarten classrooms first, and you probably don't want to miss that!
• The first Friday of every month is street cleaning. Parking is very difficult on those days, so we suggest leaving yourself plenty of time or taking public transportation.
• Please register for only one tour, as there are many families like yours who need to tour multiple SFUSD elementary schools. Your registration can include up to two adults; if more than two adults wish to attend, please have them register themselves.
• Kindly cancel if you cannot make it. Other families like yours would like the chance to attend.
• Adults only please. Our tour groups will be visiting classrooms that are in session, and we need to minimize distractions for our students.
If you have any concerns, please contact the school at (415) 759-2815. We look forward to welcoming you at Grattan!
Welcome to Grattan Elementary School!
Landscaping—courtesy of our Greening Committee—beautifies our school entrance.
The scarecrow keeps watch over our garden.
Meet us in the courtyard!
Colorful art projects often adorn our courtyard.
Our beautiful courtyard mosaics were created by Grattan students.
Inspiration awaits in our computer lab...
...where ecology and technology intertwine.
Young minds awaken and expand in our library.
Cozy up with a book on the library rug.
The reading corner in a second-grade classroom.
Cafeteria + Auditorium = Cafetorium ...
... + Gymnasium = Cafegymetorium!
Recess on the upper yard. Hula hoop, anyone?
New trees planted in front of our bungalow classrooms.
Take a stroll down a rocky path to...
...the Oasis, our outdoor classroom.
Dinosaur kale and sugar snap peas.
Our inspiring mural was painted by all of Grattan's students.
Put your happiness into someone's heart.
Be a ray of light.
Helping others cheers me up.
Be a person who makes a change.