Mission HS Wellness Center
Our wonderful Wellness Center is located in the basement of Mission High School. We are dedicated to meeting the overall physical and mental health needs of our student population through a variety of services, all listed below, to insure the academic success of our students.
Want to check in with someone? Click here for our Wellness Referral form
You can fill it out for yourself or someone else who needs support.
Shelter in Place Services for the Mission Community
- Referrals to services
The MHS Wellness Team: From left to right: David (Rams Psych.), Nurse Mary, Chandra (Wellness Coord.), and Ray (CHOW) ---- Click on Pic for a Video Welcome!
Wellness Center Services
- Individual mental health counseling ( 1 to 1 therapy in English and Spanish )
- Support groups for substance use, leadership development, truancy, and violence prevention
- Nursing services: health insurance sign-ups, referrals for vision/dental/primary care, general student care, reproductive health support
- Health education presentations/workshops in class
- Family therapy interventions/consultations
- Case management by community based organizations
- Staff and family wellness consultations about student health issues
- A safe, quiet, confidential place to take a breath
Our Wellness Staff Members
There are therapists available who can provide services in Spanish.
Mary-Michael Preyer-Watts (She / Her)
School Nurse: Office Hours: 11:20 - 12 Mon-Fri. / 1:10-1:40 Tues. and Thurs. Available by appt. other day as well
Click here to e-mail Nurse Mary
This page was last updated on March 1, 2023