At Thurgood Marshall we hold a vision of our school as a destination campus within the city of San Francisco, known for an exceptional academic program and consistent success in preparing students to go on to the nation’s best colleges and universities, as well as careers in the Bay Area’s top industries, including information technology, biotechnology, and hospitality and tourism. We strive to offer students a personalized program that allows them to identify and pursue their passions while still in high school. Students select their classes each year based on their individual interests, progress towards graduation requirements, and college and career plans.
We offer students a comprehensive program designed to foster their growth in six domains, collectively referred to as our Graduate Profile:
- Content Knowledge: Mastery of the core knowledge, critical thinking skills, and competencies outlined by the Common Core State Standards.
- Career and Life Skills: The knowledge, skills, and experience to navigate the “real world” and solve problems that arise in everyday life and in the workplace.
- Global, Local, and Digital Identity: The ability to navigate and engage in a 21st century global society that is more inclusive and interconnected.
- Leadership, Empathy and Collaboration: Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to positively influence and collaborate with others.
- Creativity: The freedom, confidence and ability to express their unique selves.
- Sense of Purpose and Sense of Self: Our graduates will see themselves as filled with purpose and value.
We accomplish these goals for our students through a rigorous and engaging academic program. Information about each department is coming soon!
This page was last updated on January 21, 2023