June 10, 2020 - Family Digest
Dear SFUSD Families:
I know you are eager for updates regarding fall learning. As we enter the first weeks of summer, I want to assure you that SFUSD continues to work diligently to plan for the fall. Thank you to everyone who has shared their input to date regarding your families’ needs. We will continue to reach out in the coming weeks to gather your feedback. Please read my letter regarding some of our considerations and next steps.
Family Resources for Talking about Race & Social Justice in the U.S.
Summer Programs at a Glance
Check out this online SFUSD Summer Guide for more information about a range of summer resources organized by topic. Use the drop down menu (arrows) to see details for each topic.
Graduating or Moving On from SFUSD? Return SFUSD property on June 25 or July 23
Graduating seniors and students who are leaving SFUSD and not enrolling in an SFUSD school in August 2020 must return SFUSD property before the end of summer, including borrowed technology, textbooks, and musical instruments. Thursday, June 25 and Thursday, July 23 are the planned dates for return events for outstanding items. Stay tuned regarding timing and location details.
Housing Challenges? Free Housing Support and Resources Available for Everyone
Are you experiencing housing challenges? Free support is available online and via phone. Support includes:
- rental counseling and resources
- housing support
- housing application assistance services
There are also specialized rental education and counseling services for the Richmond/Sunset and Visitacion Valley/Sunnydale Districts. Get housing, financial, credit, legal, and/or eviction prevention advice and support. See fliers for more information:
For support, contact Homeownership SF:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 415-202-5464
Shared Schoolyards Reopening
SFUSD shared schoolyards are reopening to the community July 4th weekend! Daniel Webster, Malcolm X, GW Carver, Willie Brown, Hillcrest, Sunnyside, Alvarado, SF Community, Monroe, Cleveland, Rosa Parks, Tenderloin ES, Charles Drew, Redding, and Francisco will offer portable restrooms and handwashing facilities, enhanced cleaning and landscaping, and docents to encourage safe use of the site.
How to Translate SFUSD.edu
Learn how to use Google Translate to translate SFUSD's website into non-English languages.
- Aprende a usar el control del Traductor de Google para traducir sfusd.edu al español.
- Matutunan kung paano gagamitin ang Google Translate widget kapag nagba-browse ng website ng SFUSD.
- .لمعرفة كيفية استخدام أداة ترجمة جوجل عند تصفح موقع مدارس مقاطعة سان فرانسيسكو
- Tìm hiểu cách để sử dụng công cụ Google Translate khi lướt trang web SFUSD.
SFUSD Healthy Choices AmeriCorps is hiring for the 2020-2021 school year
SFUSD’s Healthy Choices AmeriCorps program offers a unique opportunity for community members to get training, support, and hands-on experience to help meet the needs of the whole child. Learn more about this stipend position and how to apply,
SFUSD's nonprofit organization Spark* SF Public Schools has raised more than $5 million for its COVID-19 Response Fund to support the district in providing free meals and technology to facilitate distance learning for students. Spark's corporate partners have also donated meal pick-up bags, backpacks and school supplies, and technology to support SFUSD's Family Resource Link. COVID-19 has doubled the district’s projected deficit. Every donation counts, and sharing this within your personal and professional networks can make a significant difference as well. To learn more, please visit: sparksfpublicschools.org/donate
Superintendent Dr. Vincent Matthews
SFUSD Family Resource Link available throughout the summer
- Go to familylink.sfusd.edu to complete an online request form.
- Email request to email@example.com.
- Call 415-340-1716. Hours of operation for the phone are Monday through Friday from 9 am - 1 pm. Callers can leave a voicemail at all hours.
Free Meals Continue through Summer
- Grab & go meals will continue to be available to all children throughout the summer. Pickup times and locations: sfusd.edu/schoolfood
- City information on where to get food resources. You may also call 311.
Extra Food Support - Apply for P-EBT by June 30
- Families with children eligible for free or reduced-price school meals can receive a P-EBT card with up to $365 for each eligible child to purchase groceries.
- Complete the online application by June 30, 2020 if you have not received a card.
- Email SchoolLunch@sfusd.edu with any questions.