March 20, 2020
Back to All Updates
Dear SFUSD Staff:
We’re excited to share that beginning today, you can expect a new digest from the San Francisco Unified School District three times a week, on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Our goal is to consistently update you with new information, celebrate our collective bright spots, and share resources. We will of course continue to send any time-sensitive updates immediately.
Please remember to check the newly posted staffing FAQ, which addresses many staff questions. Please also continue to send personnel-related questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Distance Learning: Optional learning ideas have been shared on Continuity of Learning website and promoted through multiple channels. More details regarding long-term distance learning will be shared in Monday’s message.
- School Closure Plan: SFUSD continues to monitor new information from state and local officials. We have not extended school closures beyond 3 weeks but are preparing for a variety of possibilities.
- The SF Board of Education meetings will take place on 3/24/20 at 11:00 a.m. There has been an additional meeting added on 3/27/20 at 11:00am as well. Community members can attend the meeting in person or watch on SFGov TV.
- More sites for free meals! Student Nutrition Services is now serving free meals at 20 sites across San Francisco, including Treasure Island. Thanks to a generous funder, we are also now providing supper, which means families can access breakfast, lunch, and supper at all 20 sites. More details: sfusd.edu/schoolfood.
Tips for Working Remotely
Using Hangouts Meet to collaborate with colleagues? View this helpful guide from the SFUSD Department of Technology to get the most out of Hangout features.
Staying connected with family, friends, and colleagues can greatly help with adjusting to sheltering in place. Make sure to set aside time during the day for texting, calling, or video chatting.
Bright Spot: Supporting the SFUSD Community
- DoT is seeking support to help prepare and deploy student devices for those in need to support continuity of learning. Please share this volunteer sign-up form with your team for them to volunteer to help with device preparation and distribution.
- Share this link with community members who want to help fundraise to support SFUSD’s efforts to serve students during the school closure.