Please see the following schedule of targeted delivery dates from warehouse to school sites. Please note that the distribution at the school sites might occur on a different date and families will hear directly from their school when their child has received a kit to take home.
When to Use At-Home Tests
COVID-19 testing is not required. SFDPH recommends usage of at-home tests when:
- Returning to schools if exhibiting symptoms
- Return to school from isolation on or after 5 days, and
- Screen after the Martin Luther King Day and Lunar New Year holidays, even if you are not symptomatic
- If your student gets sick with symptoms (like cough and fever), stay home and use your tests to see if it is COVID-19.
- If your student is exposed to someone with COVID-19, stay home and use your tests on or after day 5.
- If your student is fully vaccinated or has had COVID-19 in the past 3 months, they do not need to quarantine and should continue to come to school in person as long as they don’t have symptoms.
- SFDPH at home test tips: sfcdcp.org/athomecovidtest
Share your test results (not required but highly encouraged)
If your student is very sick: call 911, visit an emergency room, or call your doctor.
- Visit https://home.color.com/covid/self-reporting to share your test results
- If you do not have a Color account, go to www.sfusd.edu/SetUpColorAccount to learn how to create one.
- You need your child’s student number to add to your Color account.
Understand your test results
Visit www.sfusd.edu/when-someone-gets-sick to learn more about SFUSD health and safety protocols
If you feel well and have no COVID-19 symptoms, return to school.
If you have symptoms or have been in contact with someone with COVID-19, please call your school before you return – even if the test is negative. More testing may be needed.
Stay home and isolate for at least 5 days. You can return to school on the sixth day if you have a negative test result on or after day five.
Report your results: Call 415-660-9850 to report starting 1/10/22. If you get a positive test result before 1/10/22, contact your school.
UNCLEAR TEST RESULTS?
Retest at school or at a local testing site. Visit sfusd.edu/covid19testing for more information, including COVID-19 testing location and schedule.SFUSD will continue to offer self-swab test kits at every school site. These test results will be returned within 24 to 48 hours.