The Center for Disease Control has expanded its approval of COVID-19 boosters, so now all children ages 5 and up can get boosted. Vaccinations and boosters are still the best defense against severe outcomes of COVID-19.
How to get a booster shot:
- Contact your family doctor.
- If you do not have a family doctor, the following options are also available:
- Vaccination clinics at SFUSD schools will offer booster shots.
- Pharmacies will also offer booster shots for children ages 5 and up.
- You can also get a booster at a San Francisco Department of Health (SFDPH) affiliated site or find information on MyTurn.
If your child has not yet completed their initial two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series, please do so! Find appointments near you.
Boosters and vaccinations for children not only protect them from getting severely ill from COVID-19, they will also help make sure your family can make it to year-end events and celebrations and enjoy a safe summer.
According to SFDPH, children ages 5 and older are getting vaccinated at high rates in San Francisco: 73% of children ages 5-11 and over 90% of youth ages 12-17 are fully vaccinated. 54% of youth ages 12-17 have gotten booster shots.
Learn more about pediatric vaccines and boosters for COVID-19.
We hope you have a wonderful and safe summer!