How to Find Us
Our names are Iza Rodriguez and Simin (Sherman) Chen. It is our pleasure to introduce ourselves as family liaisons to the families of Hoover Middle School.
Our office is located in Counseling Office, 415-759-2873.
Family Liaison, Spanish speaking
M, T, Th, F 8:00am - 4:00pm
W 7:30am - 3:30pm
Simin (Sherman) Chen
Family Liaison, Chinese speaking
M, T, Th, F 10am - 4:30pm
W 7:30am - 1:30pm
Family Engagement Survey/家庭参与問卷调查/Encuesta de participación familiar
How to Get Involved
Come to the Family Center
- Computer access
- Register for weekly Food Pantry
- Get help with registering for Synergy Gradebook or School Messenger
- Study English with:
- Volunteer at Hoover
- Assist with special events like BBQs, school events for students and families
- Office assistant, e.g. help make teacher copies for classes, prepare flyers, mailers, etc
- Chaperone Field Trips
- and More!
- School Committees & Groups to Get Involved
- ELAC (English Language Advisory Committee)
- PTO (Parent-Teacher Organization)
- Help your child:
- Contact with Teachers, tutors, etc.
- Discuss student's performance
- Help your child through middle school
- Help your child be ready for high school
How Do the Family Liaisons Assist Parents & Families
- Translation services
- Assistances with setting up conferences with teachers and counselors
- Tools to establish relationships and communication with the school
- Assess to both on and off campus services
- Parent events and workshops series.
We are here to serve you!