Apply Online with SchoolCafe
The Multipurpose Family Income Form is available online in English, Spanish, Chinese, Vietnamese and Arabic. Watch a How-To Video!
Or Submit a Paper Form
Multipurpose Family Income Forms are available at your school or the SNS office (841 Ellis St. San Francisco, CA 94109) Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Many SFUSD families have expressed concern about applying for free or reduced school meals due to the federal government's change to the "public charge rule." The school meals program does not apply and eligible families should continue to apply to receive these important benefits. Please email SchoolLunch@sfusd.edu or call 415-749-3604 with any questions.
About the Multipurpose Family Income Form
By submitting the Multipurpose Family Income Form, you are helping to support our efforts to provide better school meals to our students. Federal, local, and private grant funding is based on the number of eligible applications we collect. Even if your child does not eat school meals, submitting the form helps provide classroom funding at your school.
Free meals are available to students July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020 if their household’s income is less than or equal to the federal income guidelines. Eligibility is based on total household income and the total number of household members listed on the Multipurpose Family Income form. If anyone in the student’s household receives CalFresh, California Work Opportunity (CalWORKs), or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR) the student will be eligible for free meals through the case number included on their form submission.
Questions can be directed to SchoolLunch@sfusd.edu, 415-749-3604, or by visiting the SNS office (841 Ellis St. San Francisco, CA 94109) Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- In order to qualify for meal benefits, families must submit a new application each school year. Benefits from the previous school year will expire 30 school days after the start of the new school year. Apply by October 1, 2019 to avoid meal charges.
- If you are new to SFUSD and qualify for free or reduced-price meal benefits, please provide your student with money to buy lunch until your Multipurpose Family Income Form is processed.
- Families may re-submit a new Multipurpose Family Income Form for benefits at any time during the school year. Families are especially encouraged to submit a new application if they experience a decrease in household income, become unemployed, have an increase in family size, or qualify for CalWorks, CalFresh, FDPIR.
- If you or your child are not a citizen or legal U.S. resident, meal benefits are available regardless of citizenship status. A social security number is not required.
- Your data is secure and confidential.