About the Multipurpose Family Income Form
Date of Availability
The 2023-2024 Multipurpose Family Income Form will be available July 17th.
Access Via SchoolCafe
Apply Now at SchoolCafe.com
Create an account and apply online through SchoolCafe (available in English, Arabic, Chinese, Spanish, Tagalog and Vietnamese). Allow 5 business days for processing. You will be notified via email (to the address you have on file with the Enrollment Office) that your eligibility results are ready to access.
MFIF Impact Beyond School Meals
- Help secure essential funding for your school, like support for teachers and school supplies
- Receive discounted utilities like internet for your home
- Become eligible for after-school programs and SAT fee waivers
- Receive benefits regardless of citizenship status
Use these resources and learn more below.
View a Step by Step Guide (English)
Español | 中文 | عربي | Tagalog | Tiếng Việt
Watch a How-To Video (English) (video has no sound)
Español | 中文
How do I know if my children qualify for school eligibility benefits?
- All meals will be offered at no cost for all SFUSD students, regardless of income.
- On SchoolCafe.com, create an account or log in. Select Add a Student and use the SFUSD student ID number, school, and last name. Under Eligibility Information, select Notifications, then View. This will bring up your letter of eligibility. You can view, print or download your letter. If there is no letter, click Apply to submit an application.
How To: Create an Account
- Go to SchoolCafe.com
- Under Need to Create an Account? Select CA-California and type in San Francisco USD.
- Click Go to My District.
- Select Create a New Account and follow the steps to register. Use the email address you use in ParentVUE.
- Once logged in, select Add a Student to link your student(s) to your SchoolCafe account.
If you previously created an account but forgot your login information, select Forgot Username? or Forgot Password? on SchoolCafe.com and follow the steps to reset your username or password.
How To: Submit the Multipurpose Family Income Form on SchoolCafe
- Quick Guide for parents to create an account and submit the MFIF on SchoolCafe.com
- Download the SchoolCafe app or visit SchoolCafe.com
- Login to your account (Need to create an account? See above.)
- Apply for free or reduced school eligibility benefits (submit only one form per household)
- Read the Tips/Instructions and Income Guidelines English | Español | 中文 | عربي | Tagalog | Tiếng Việt
- Complete each step and submit
- Review confirmation page (save your confirmation number)
- Please allow 5 business days to receive an email with the results
How To: Access Your Eligibility Letter
- Access online by logging in to SchoolCafe.com. Under Eligibility Information, select Notifications, then View. You can print or download your letter.
- If you don't see your letter, go to the Dashboard, select Add a Student, enter the SFUSD student ID number, school, and last name. Then, under Eligibility Information, select Notifications, then View. If there is no letter, click Apply to submit a form.
- Alternatively, you can request a copy by emailing the student name, school name and SFUSD student ID number or date of birth to SchoolLunch@sfusd.edu.
About the Multipurpose Family Income Form
- You may resubmit the Multipurpose Family Income Form at any time. If there is a change in your household size, income, or employment status, you may submit a new form at any time.
- Free or reduced school eligibility benefits are available if your household’s income is less than or equal to the income guidelines. If anyone in your household receives CalFresh, California Work Opportunity (CalWORKs), or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR) your student(s) will be eligible through the case number included on your form. SFUSD also participates in Direct Certification. If you receive notification that your students are directly certified, you do not need to submit this form. Children who meet the definition of foster, homeless, migrant education, or runaway are eligible for free school benefits, and are encouraged to submit a form.
- The school eligibility benefits do not apply to the “public charge” rule. Meals are available regardless of citizenship status and families should continue to submit a form. A social security number is not required on the form. Contact the Student Family Resource Line at FamilyLink@sfusd.edu or 415-340-1716 with questions.
- By submitting the form, you are supporting our efforts to provide better school meals. Federal, local, and private grant funding is based on the number of eligible forms we collect. Submitting the form helps provide classroom funding at your school.
- Your information is secure. Student Nutrition Services will share your information only for the purposes of determining school eligibility benefits or for educational use. Our online platforms are secure.
Family Benefits Guide
The Direct Certification letter or Multipurpose Family Income Form Results Letter may help you apply for additional district and city benefits, such as fee waivers for ExCEL After School Programs, SAT/ACT test registration, four college applications, fee reduction for AP exams, internet service, and more. For more information see the Family Benefits Guide.
This page was last updated on June 8, 2023