San Francisco State University (SF State), the San Francisco Department of Public Health (SFDPH) and the San Francisco Unified School District (SFUSD) announced a new scholarship program for San Franciscan residents ages 12 to 17 who received the COVID-19 vaccine.
Through a drawing, San Francisco State is offering 10 scholarships to fully fund four years of undergraduate tuition to the University for eligible youth who register at participating vaccination locations in the city.
What are the key dates?
- November 13: Last day to enter the drawing
- November 15: Drawing of the winners from each participating site
- Week of November 22: Official announcement of the winners will be published
- You permanently reside in the City & County of San Francisco (includes individuals living within the City & County of San Francisco who meet AB540 eligibility).
- You are aged 12 through 17 when you received a COVID-19 vaccine.
- You are not currently enrolled at a college or university nor have you previously been enrolled in college or university.
- You received a first or second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna COVID 19 vaccine or a single dose of the Johnson & Johnson COVID 19 vaccine prior to entry.
- You are not an employee or immediate family of an employee of SF State living as a member of the employee’s household. “Immediate family”: means spouse and dependent children, consistent with California Government Code section 82029.
How will you verify?
- Winners must promptly respond (within 10 business days) to the initial contact by SF State officials
- All winner information and eligibility will be reviewed prior to the declaration of official winners. Potential winners’ information will be validated by SF State officials.
- By entering the drawing, you agree to provide SF State with proof of your vaccination status, if selected as a winner.
- If a winner fails to provide satisfactory proof of vaccination status within a reasonable time as determined by SF State, that winner may be deemed ineligible
What are the locations, dates, and times?
- Monday, Oct. 25, 1 to 4 p.m. — Visitation Valley Neighborhood Vaccination Site, 1099 Sunnydale Ave., San Francisco, CA 94134
- Tuesday, Oct. 26, 3:30 to 6 p.m. — Malcolm X Academy School, 350 Harbor Rd., San Francisco, CA 94124
- Wednesday, Oct. 27, 2:30 pm to 5 p.m. — Balboa High School, 1000 Cayuga Ave., San Francisco, CA 94112
- Friday, Oct. 29, 4 to 6 p.m. — Ella Hill Hutch Community Center, 1050 McAllister St., San Francisco, CA 94115
- Tuesday, Nov. 2, noon to 4 p.m. — Mission District Neighborhood Vaccination Site, 24th St. and Capp St., San Francisco, CA 94110
- Saturday, Nov. 13, 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. — McCoppin Elementary School, 651 6th Ave., San Francisco, CA 94118
Please visit https://together.sfsu.edu/vaccinescholarship for more information and review FAQs.