With so many students behind in math due to the pandemic, SFUSD has an opportunity to support students in grades 8 and 9 to get weekly, free tutoring from one of the top private tutoring organizations in San Francisco, called Alexander Tutoring.
This program is targeted at students who are struggling in math and are low-income. In a small pilot program last school year with Alexander Tutoring, San Francisco high school students with IEPs and were English learners saw significant improvement as a result of this weekly math tutoring.
To be eligible, students must:
- Be San Francisco public school students in grades 8 and 9
- Be eligible for free/reduced-priced meals
Key elements of the program:
- Weekly tutoring for one hour
- Virtual, with excellent tutors (Alexander Tutoring is known for the quality of its tutors)
- Program will begin at the end of January and will run through the end of September, with tutoring also during the summer
- Tutoring with 1 tutor & 2 students, with students grouped based on math level
- Tutoring happens after school in the afternoon and evening
How to Apply:
Complete and submit the following form to register:
Space is limited and registrations are filling up fast.
Deadline to register: February 24, 2022
To learn more about the program, contact:
- Angelique Alexander: email@example.com or
- Belen Pulido Martinez: firstname.lastname@example.org
SFUSD neither endorses nor sponsors the organization or activity described in this announcement. This distribution is provided as a community service.