The SFPAL Law Enforcement Cadet Program is a collaborative effort of SFPAL and the San Francisco Police Department (SFPD). Since 1959, the PAL Cadet Program has provided opportunities for growth, leadership, and career experiences for thousands of San Francisco youth.
SFPAL Cadets receive training modeled after the basic training academy for new police recruits. Cadets will be taught by SFPD Police Academy training staff. The program is designed to provide hands-on job skills training and leadership development through proper preparation and training.
- Engage in program activities based on the five areas of Learning for Life/Explorer program that includes:
- Career opportunities and job skills development;
- Life skills;
- Civic responsibility;
- Character education;
- Leadership experience.
- Experience positive leadership from adult and youth leaders and have the opportunity to take on leadership roles.
- Have a chance to learn and grow in a fun, supportive, and caring environment.
- Gain practical experience and knowledge about careers in law enforcement and public service.
In addition to classroom training, Cadets will be required to perform significant physical training as part of the Summer Academy and subsequent training. Cadets should be in good physical condition and are expected to have prepared and trained to get in shape prior to the Summer Academy.
- 14-20 years old
- Reside or attend school in San Francisco
- Enrolled in high school or college
- 2.0 GPA or higher
- Pass San Francisco Police Department background check
4-week summer training (June 6 through June 30, 2022)
Location: SFPD Academy
Attend our Information Session:
- Wednesday, April 6 from 5 to 6 pm OR
- Saturday, April 9 from 10 to 11 am
Register for either session using this form.
Apply Online by Friday, May 6 at 5pm:
Apply using this form
SFUSD neither endorses nor sponsors the organization or activity described in this announcement. This distribution is provided as a community service.