GIRLFLY is a summer arts and activism program that will bring together 20 young women/Gender Non-Conforming (GNC) youth from San Francisco.
Participants, age 14-19, will:
- Get hands-on experience in aerial dance
- Earn $500 from July 5-29, 2022 at CounterPulse in San Francisco
- Create and perform original dances
- Learn about issues of girls’/GNC youth empowerment, body positive culture, and the politics of women’s clothing
- Research and carry out a textile design project led by The Museum of Craft and Design
- Connect with young women/GNC youth across neighborhoods, schools, ethnicity, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Apply Today for our July 2022 Program at the link below. Deadline to apply: May 10, 2022.
SFUSD neither endorses nor sponsors the organization or activity described in this announcement. This distribution is provided as a community service.