Above & Beyond Leadership & Education is hosting a free online educational college workshop to help students and families achieve their college goals on May 21 from 10:00 to 11:30 a.m. This is an introductory course designed for families needing to learn the best first steps in the college admissions and financial funding process.
In this workshop, you will hear from leading industry experts. You will learn how you can prepare for college during our current situation, and tips for getting the most out of your college visit. Our experts will discuss the financial aid eligibility formula. You will learn tips you will need to understand how to receive the maximum grants, scholarships, and financial aid in college! You will also learn how most students can become eligible for financial aid; even if you think you cannot qualify for financial aid based on your family’s high income or high assets. Understand cost-effective options to fund college and ways to avoid costly pitfalls without putting a strain on your retirement and the rest of your family finances.
In this workshop, you will learn:
- What factors to consider when choosing a major and selecting a college
- How to attend an expensive private college for less than a state school
- How to pick the right schools that will give you the best financial aid packages
- How the US Department of Education calculates your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) and which assets are taken into consideration
- How to create a plan to pay for college in any economy without relying on 529 plans, expensive private student loans, or raiding your retirement accounts
- How to lower your “out-of-pocket” costs and get the maximum amount of financial aid from each school and how to increase your college-related tax deductions and tax credits
- How to find peace of mind by accessing the best resources
Register for the online workshop at the link below:
SFUSD neither endorses nor sponsors the organization or activity described in this announcement. This distribution is provided as a community service.