Join our inaugural event, Transit Day on September 15, 2022!
Celebrate the joy and freedom of taking transit in San Francisco by hosting an Transit Day event at your school! Schools are welcome to celebrate and host a Transit Day event any day the month of September.
Muni is a safe, viable, and environmentally friendly options for daily commute and we are incredibly lucky in San Francisco that Muni is free for all youth.
We will be sending incentives for organizers (ex. beanies, water bottle, etc.) and participants (ex. stickers)! The more students who pledge at a school, the better the chance organizers have at winning: sports game tickets, cable car decorating, and more!
To join the celebrations:
- Register your school
- Organizers will receive thank you gifts/incentives
- Organizers with the highest participation at their school would win sports game tickets, cable car decorating, or museum tickets!
- Encourage students to pledge to take transit on September 15 (schools are welcome to host an event any day this month)
- Pledges are entered into a drawing to win squishies, water bottles, beanies, and more!
- Posters and postcards have arrived to all school sites last week-- make sure posters are posted in frequented areas!
- Set up a table to hand out incentives to students who pledged and took transit to school in September
- Incentives will be sent out by 9/13
We will send promotional material to support your promotion in encouraging students to pledge, activities, and resources that address barriers that may be keeping students and families from choosing transit including financial burden, public safety, and planning.
We recommend working with student groups (ASB, Environmental Club, Bike Club, and others) to activate your school through peer to peer outreach and support on taking transit on September 15.
Transit Day is an event in partnership with SFUSD and SFMTA, through the SF Safe Routes to School. Please reach out to Sam Kwan at the Transportation Department for support or any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.