New VĀSĀ High School: A Certificate Pathway for SFUSD Juniors and Seniors begins Spring 2023!
In a partnership with the San Francisco Unified School District (SFUSD) and the City College of San Francisco, we are pleased to announce the new VĀSĀ High School: A Certificate Pathway for SFUSD Juniors and Seniors. The two-course Certificate Program in Critical Pacific Islands & Oceania Studies will allow students to:
- Achieve a Certificate of Accomplishment from City College of San Francisco
- Fulfill major requirements for an Associates or Arts degree in Ethnic Studies and Critical Pacific Islands & Oceania Studies
- Receive credit towards high school graduation requirements
- Support with an educational map for transfer to a four-year university or vocational/technical trade
- Access mentorship opportunities with Pacific Islander/Oceania students, professionals, community leaders, and educators
- Get tutoring for high school core subjects
- Prepare for college with support on scholarship applications and personal statement development
- Connect to Pacific Islander/Oceania cultural resources
11th and 12th graders interested in registering for this program and for more information, please contact:
Heavenly Anoa’i | firstname.lastname@example.org OR Ursula Ann Siataga | email@example.com
The NEW VĀSĀ High School Certificate Pathway is a collaboration between the SFUSD Fa’a Sāmoa Initiative, SFUSD NHPI Programming, SFUSD College and Career Readiness, CCSF VĀSĀ (Oceania) Student Success Program, Critical Pacific Islands & Oceania Studies, and the Department of Interdisciplinary Studies.